Epic Battle Fantasy 3
Akron is the main antagonist and final boss in Epic Battle Fantasy 3. An ancient demonic deity who has lived for billions of years, he was sealed away by the ancient peoples due to his potentially world-shattering power, but was accidentally awakened by the heroes themselves.
The full details of Akron's birth are unclear, but it is known that Godcat summoned/created him when the Earth was still young. He ruled the world for a time, but was eventually defeated by the most powerful warriors the ancient land could muster. Unable to destroy him, the ancient heroes bound Akron in a volcano and forced him into a deep sleep.
Ages passed, and Akron faded into legend, with his volcanic tomb becoming known only as the lair of an ancient evil. The heroic trio of Matt, Natalie, and Lance learned of this legend and set off to destroy Akron to increase their own fame. Finding their way to Akron's tomb, they came upon the chained demon, which appeared to be completely lifeless. Against Natalie's advice, Matt poked Akron with his sword, awakening the deity. Immediately, Akron began sapping the party's life energy, warping the fabric of time and space with his mere presence. The resulting rift hurled the heroes to a distant town before Akron could kill them, but the energy drain had left them without most of their previous skills. Infuriated by their weakened state, Matt, Natalie and Lance set out on a quest to regain their powers and destroy Akron once and for all.
As the party travelled back to the volcano, Akron spent his time trying to restore his own strength, causing the volcano to erupt. His evil power drove monsters across the world into a frenzy, causing chaos and destruction in once-peaceful areas. Akron's increasing strength created maelstroms and whirlpools in the ocean, preventing even the sturdiest ships from sailing - thus, the heroes had to find longer alternate routes to his lair.
As rumors of his return spread, many would-be heroes set out to defeat Akron, only to be stymied by the fierce enemies and natural obstacles in their path. A few even made it to the demonic deity, but their strength only served to empower him when he slew them in battle and absorbed their souls. The few warriors who survived Akron's power or failed to reach him in the first place would remain along the path to the volcano, offering advice and helpful items to Matt, Natalie, and Lance.
Eventually the heroes returned to the tomb, now warped into a bizarre, space-like void by Akron's power. At the center of the void, they battled Akron once more, with the demonic deity pontificating about his past and the strength of his enemies. After an epic battle, the heroes emerged victorious, destroying Akron for good.
In his base form, only Akron's upper body is visible, with the rest of his body buried under ground. His upper body resembles that of an armless mummy, with two long horns growing upwards from his head. Bandages cover the top of Akron's head, the bases of his horns, and his upper torso. Beneath the bandages, he has glowing red eyes. A pair of bat-like wings sprout from his lower back. At the base of his torso is a large gem that changes color depending on Akron's current elemental affinity. Below the large gem, three smaller gems are embedded into the top of Akron's lower body.
Akron's lower body, seen when he raises himself out of the ground, is a shapeless mound of flesh that is several times more massive than his upper body. His mass is dominated by a gigantic, vaguely skull-like face with empty eye sockets and a cavernous mouth framed by enormous fangs. The mouth is capable of spitting out Evil Worms and Evil Tails, suggesting that they are technically part of Akron's body; this is reinforced by several Evil Worms surfacing and disintegrating during Akron's death throes. On each side of the body, slightly above the eye sockets, two large, triangular horns grow out towards the side. The entire mass is covered in bulging growths resembling distorted faces. Akron remains embedded in the ground in this form, indicating that his body is larger still beneath the surface.
Like Protector, Akron's upper part's appearance in-battle changes as he takes damage; the gems crack, parts of his horns break off, a red-tinted halo appears over his head, the large gem on his abdomen begins cracking, and the bandages on his head come off, revealing his bright red eyes. The changes are often overlooked, only becoming easily visible during Akron's death animation and the final scene in the post-battle cutscene.
Akron is unique among enemies and bosses in the game (and to a lesser extent the series) in that he is able to switch between two forms, and the submerged one can switch between several elements (which regulate accessible attacks and resistances) throughout the fight; the current element can be identified by the color of the large gem on its abdomen, and three next elements planned are displayed by smaller gems. The submerged form uses only magical attacks, while the raised form uses both types (and independent of the other form's element), with stronger ones being physical, and both have many status effects at their disposal.
Akron frequently summons various minions, three of which — Rune Claw, Evil Worm and Evil Tail — are first encountered in this battle, with the former being able to heal the boss and change own ability set depending on the boss' current element. Besides dealing damage, they also inflict status ailments, such as Poison, Instant Death or stat debuffs.
Akron's battle theme is DiVINe MaDNEss.
|Has lived for billions of years. Can change elements and attack patterns.|
|Item Drop Rate|
Akron cannot be debuffed further than to -20% of a stat.
Akron's elemental affinity and resistance is determined by the color of the large gem on his body, which is randomized at the start and can be changed throughout the battle. There are 6 elemental sets available: Earth (brown), Ice (cyan), Fire (red), Holy (white), Dark (black), Thunder (yellow).
Attacks and Abilities
The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.
- Uses Spawn Claws during the intro animation.
- Every 8th turn → Passively summons either of the following, with same chance for all: two Dark Clays into slots 1 and 5, two Skull Ghosts into slots 1 and 5, one Cosmic Monolith into slot 4, all level 30.
- Spent at least 9 turns (5 if did no Swap Element yet, intro excluded) in any form → Swap Element. Also resets this counter
- Damage taken since last form swap has reached 1/15 of maximum health → Up
- Spent at least 4 turns since last Down/claw spawn → Spawn Claws
- Each orb present gives a chance for their corresponding attack to be used. The main one gives 3/6, and others give 1/6, all additive.
- Red and white orbs give Eye Laser chance, yellow — Eye Thunder, cyan — Iceshard Volley, brown — Quake Spikes, black — Dark Scream.
- White orbs were supposed to give Unused Heal chance, but the function that maps attacks to orb color refers to this orb type by an invalid ID, thus it is not assigned anything and defaults to Eye Laser chance.
- Example: main orb is yellow, 2nd orb is red, and 3rd and 4th orbs are cyan. This results in 3/6 chance for Eye Thunder, 1/6 for Eye Laser and 2/6 for Iceshard Volley.
- Charged → Dark Ball
- Spent at least 3 turns since last Up AND HP ≥23.5% → Down
- Otherwise → Dark Eyes (1/5), Multi-Cannon (1/5), Dark Beam (1/5), Destroyer Sword (1/5), Charge (1/5).
In EBF3, Akron is the only non-player character to have in-battle text. He speaks once every few turns, and his lines are as follows:
- "Ah, it is them who have awoken me. Let us see if they are worthy to stand before me."
- "For billions of years I have lived. I have in my memory the early days of this planet. When Earth was but rock and fire. Before other life had even begun to evolve."
- "Perhaps I existed long before even that, but I am unable to recollect further into history."
- "I have lost all memory of the world from which I came."
- "Countless times I have been weakened and enslaved. Yet ultimately I remain, while my enemies succumb to the flow of time."
- "I witnessed species evolve and head into eternal extinction. I wonder how long Man will survive?"
- "For aeons I have pondered the meaning of my existence. Alas, I am still unable to find my answer."
- "All things must come to an end. Planets, stars, entire universes, even Gods. Perhaps my destiny is simply to be destroyed."
- "And yet I am immortal. My freedom is my captivity. I shall not die."
- "I delight at your power. Such incredible power."
- "Perhaps Man does have a future on this planet. We shall see if He is above God himself."
Bullet Heaven 2
Akron returns in Bullet Heaven 2, once again as the main antagonist and final boss of the game. After his defeat in Epic Battle Fantasy 3, half of his body apparently vanished into nothing instead of creating an explosion of darkness. He appears at the end of Darkvoid Galaxy, in its central supermassive black hole.
- This section is incomplete. You can help Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki by adding required information to it.
To do: A clear image of the boss itself.
Wave 11 (Bonus)
Wave 12 (Bonus)
Wave 13 (Bonus)
- In EBF3's files:
- Several Akron-related things go under the name "satan".
- In the Bestiary handler script, there is a mention of a foe called "Nekron". When hacked in as a battle icon (their cropped versions are used for Bestiary), it displays an unused icon of Akron's raised form. Nekron has no other data associated with it, not even a crop for Bestiary.
- Akron's Dark Eyes attack from EBF3 was reused for Praetorian MKII in EBF4.
- During the ending of the game, after Akron is slain, Lance can be seen using Hyper Beam against Akron, yet this skill becomes available to use only in Epic Battle Fantasy 4. This is the third time it occurs.
- Akron is named after the dark lord in Rhapsody of Fire's lyrics. Visually, his design seem to take inspiration from Anima (Final Fantasy 10), Asura (Soul Eater), and some of the Homunculi (Full Metal Alchemist).
- His battle theme, DiVINe MaDNEss, is an anagram of Sin Evades Mind. It is an obvious point to how we cannot fathom Akron's power, and how he is a demon probably made of sin. Divine Madness also refers to Akron himself, as Akron is insane and is a divine being.