- "If you leave a mark on my pretty face, you'll regret it!"
- ―Anna, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Anna is a playable character in the Epic Battle Fantasy series who hails from Greenwood Village. She made her first appearance in Bullet Heaven as a playable character before becoming the protagonist of Epic Battle Fantasy 4.
Anna is depicted as a young adult, most likely in her 20s, with green hair and green eyes. Her bangs cover part of her face, but the offending hair is partially transparent so her eye remains visible. She arms herself with a large bow that fires equally huge arrows, with the Fairy Bow appearing to be her weapon of choice.
Anna is a cheerful girl who enjoys nature and is a hunter by trade. She tends to be largely carefree and childish, though she is very dedicated to her goals. While not particularly vain, she is quite proud of her looks, frequently alluding to her cuteness and being upset if something threatens to ruin her face.
Having grown up in the forest and closely affiliated with nature, Anna has very limited knowledge on technology and machinery, sometimes hating them for causing pollution. This often causes her and Lance to not get along with each other when they're travelling together.
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Anna is the driving force of the plot in her debut game, dragging Matt, Natalie and Lance along on her quest to recover the Sacred Jewels before they can be used for evil. She is easily the most moralistic character, and while her righteous nature puts her at odds with the rest of the party's less-than-noble tendencies, she generally cannot do much to stop them.
Unlike Natalie, she is not depicted as a fanservice character and her breasts are relatively small. She often makes references to Natz's large breasts, asking her what she eats, whether she can see them, or even reacting spitefully to her, saying that unlike Natalie she earns respect without needing a well-endowed chest to do so. She is often jealous of Natalie because the latter always steals the boys' attentions without even trying.
Epic Battle Fantasy 5
In EBF5, Anna's personality undergoes relatively few changes; however, her initial motive has changed. Instead of wanting to retrieve her village's stolen jewel, Anna aims to stop Lance, whose army and global domination plans are an immediate threat to her hometown. As the plot progresses, she lessens her rage towards Lance, focusing more on the task at hand. She strongly dislikes the monoliths that have landed across the world. She gets along better with all of her party members outside of Lance than in EBF4, especially Natalie (though she is still initially jealous). She also repeatedly refers to herself as cute.
Anna is also the top hunter in Greenwood Village and seems to have taken the role of a vigilante. She lives with her parents, who are shown to be kind and loving albeit not wholly approving of her allies (when first meeting them, her father asks "So who's the boyfriend, the homeless tramp or the school shooter?").
Anna is the ranger of the group, with high Accuracy and Evade in battles. Her skills include multiple types of arrow attacks (which include a variety of elements such as Ice, Thunder, and Water) that rely on her Attack stat and a few nature-themed spells that run off of her Magic Attack. She also packs a few unique healing spells and can learn most shared healing skills.
Anna is the physical counterpart to Lance; she relies mostly on physical attacks, but has some magical attacks available if needed.
While Anna can be built as a pure damage-dealer, she can learn Revive as a shared skill and naturally learns a healing skill which simultaneously applies Bless. This allows her to back up Natalie as a secondary healer for the group or even replace her entirely, leaving Natalie to focus on magical damage or buff/debuff support.
In EBF5, Anna can no longer learn Cleanse, but she also has the only healing skill without a cooldown in the Renew line and the presence of debuff removing food means that a loss of Cleanse is not a serious issue. Her offenses have also been diversified to include area-of-effect Bio attacks, a Holy attack that can be used without worry, and multi-target options for her elemental arrows. However, the latter skills are not guaranteed to hit all enemies; instead, Anna fires one arrow for each active foe, which fall on random targets. This can make her all-target skills somewhat unreliable and even detrimental if the enemy wave has a diverse array of resistances.
In both of her appearances so far, Anna's main strength is her ability to reliably inflict status effects with her arrows, usually guaranteed to succeed unless her foes have strong resistances. Her two signature Limit Breaks are Mother Earth, which deals magic Bio damage to all enemies while Blessing the party at the same time, and Mighty Oak, which summons the Mighty Oak himself to lay down a physical beating on all foes.
Epic Battle Fantasy 5 Emotes
- When Anna falls in battle, her ghost does not hover above her body, unlike with the other characters. Instead, a small wooden idol appears, possibly suggesting that the idol may be or contain her spirit.
- Furthermore, Anna is the only character whose 'Protect' animation does not result in some sort of apparent magic, but rather a wooden idol.
- In her idle animations, she can be seen carrying a Bush, or playing a Flute or Ocarina. This is a reference to Saria from Ocarina of Time.
- Anna bears a strong resemblance to the owner of the first shop in first Epic Battle Fantasy. However, as the shopkeeper has larger breasts and appears to be a mage instead of a ranger, it is unclear if the resemblance is coincidental or not.
- According to Matt Roszak, the first drawing of the character who would become Anna was simply "an excuse for crazy hair." He was still looking for names when the official artwork of EBF4's archer character was revealed.
- Unlike Natalie, clicking on Anna's breasts won't make them jiggle, even with the Cow Costume equipped (which makes her breasts as large as Natalie's).
- However, EBF5 allows players to move Anna's bangs by passing the cursor over them. They can move in two directions, depending on the cursor's movements.
- Upon learning Anna lives with her parents, the party asks about her age; her reply is "I'm a cartoon, I'm as old as you want me to be!" However, she does appear to be the youngest of the party members aside from NoLegs (who is a cat and therefore probably well under 20).
|Matt - Natalie - Lance - Anna - NoLegs|