- "Luck is decreased in status effects, critical hits, accuracy, and foe catching. Speeds up doom."
- ―Bad Luck's unspecific hover-over tip, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
Bad Luck is a negative status effect in Epic Battle Fantasy 5, and the opposite of the Good Luck status. It is associated with the Dark element, and its icon is a black and red horseshoe pointing down. It affects many aspects (and always multiplicatively), but none drain the status' length.
Epic Battle Fantasy 5
Bad Luck makes its first appearance in EBF5.
- Cancels out Good Luck.
- The afflicted's attacks have 20% less accuracy.
- The afflicted's attacks have 20% less critical hit chance, calculated after Brave's bonus but prior to Stagger's.
- The afflicted's attacks have 20% less chance to cause status effects and debuffs.
- Incoming attacks have 10% more accuracy.
- Incoming attacks have 30% more critical hit chance, calculated prior to Stagger's bonus.
- Incoming attacks have 25% more chance to cause status effects (debuff chances are unaffected).
- When inflicted on somebody who already had Doom, its timer jumps to 1, killing them after their turn.
- Incoming Doom becomes Instant Death; infliction chance stays the same.
- For its effects on foe catching/capturing, see the capture formula.
Sources of Bad Luck
Player Skills and Equipment
Resisting/Curing Bad Luck
The following equipment offers resistance to the Bad Luck status: