Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement

The Big Green Bush is a foe in Epic Battle Fantasy 4. It appears mostly in Lankyroot Jungle.


Appearance

The Big Green Bush is, unsurprisingly, a large plant creature covered in green leaves. Two small green eyes peer out of the front of the bush, and a few brown roots protrude from around its base. On the top of the bush sits a Cat Soldier (with a randomly-chosen design) in a simple wooden fortification adorned with a large clump of green leaves. There is a 50% chance that a flower will be growing near the fortification, with equal chances for the pink, yellow, and blue variants.

Overview

The Big Green Bush is the offensively-inclined counterpart of the Big Muddy Bush, with some fairly strong attacks to use against the party. It can use Lumber to hit one player for decent part-Earth physical damage with above-average critical hit chance and a small risk of Stagger, or release a storm of razor-sharp leaves to hit the entire party for light magical Bio damage and a chance of mild Poison. Its strongest attack releases a group of small Bushes to charge the party, but its randomly-targeting nature means that the damage will usually be spread out among two or three players.

The cat atop the Big Green Bush can also blow a horn to summon Green Bush and Cat Soldier reinforcements. While it sounds underwhelming, the summon also gives Brave and a decent Attack buff to all foes (including the Big Green Bush itself), which can lead to a surprising damage spike if not mitigated. Higher difficulty levels enable the Big Bush to summon more foes at a time and give a stronger Attack buff.

Despite its size, above-average offensive stats, and proclivity for calling backup, the Big Green Bush isn't too tough to beat. It has below-average Evade and few resistances, allowing players to cripple it with status effects and debuffs just as easily as they can kill it outright. Focus on it first to stop the flow of reinforcements; multi-target attacks can also work, since its backup has similar weaknesses.

Bio and Fire are the best elements to use against the Big Green Bush, but Earth will also deal significant damage. It has no status or debuff resistances, along with serious vulnerabilities to Burn and Stagger. On the other hand, it absorbs Water, along with Bio and Earth if "More Foe Resistance" is enabled.

Statistics

Icon bestiary ebf4 big green bush.png Big Green Bush EBF4
A huge version of the Green Bush. Uses earth and poison attacks, and can buff other foes. Summons Cat Soldiers and Green Bushes.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP
410 5 4 5 4 4 3.6 72 7.3 7.4 40 30
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Bomb.png Element Wind.png Element Water.png Element Holy.png Element Dark.png
-100% - - -60% -100% - - 150% - -
Status
Resistance
Status Burn.png Status Stun.png Status Freeze.png Status Tired.png Status Poison.png Status Dispel.png Status Stagger.png Status Syphon.png Status Wet.png Status Weaken.png Status Curse.png Status Death.png
-200% - - - - - -100% - - - - -
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Lanky Root Curly Horn Ogle Berries Soft Wood Cat Food Lollipop -
Name Lanky Root Curly Horn Ogle Berries Soft Wood Cat Food Lollipop -
Chance 80% 60% 100% 90% 20% 2% -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
Status Burn.png Burn Status Poison.png Poison Status Doom.png Doom
(if Death fails)
Status Regen.png Regen
8.4% 3.6% per stack,
up to 32.4%
15% -20%
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.
Statistics with More Foe Resistance enabled.
Icon bestiary ebf4 big green bush.png Big Green Bush EBF4
A huge version of the Green Bush. Uses earth and poison attacks, and can buff other foes. Summons Cat Soldiers and Green Bushes.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP
410 5 4 5 4 4 3.6 72 7.3 7.4 40 30
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Bomb.png Element Wind.png Element Water.png Element Holy.png Element Dark.png
-100% - - 150% 150% - - 150% - -
Status
Resistance
Status Burn.png Status Stun.png Status Freeze.png Status Tired.png Status Poison.png Status Dispel.png Status Stagger.png Status Syphon.png Status Wet.png Status Weaken.png Status Curse.png Status Death.png
-200% - - - - - -100% - - - - -
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Lanky Root Curly Horn Ogle Berries Soft Wood Cat Food Lollipop -
Name Lanky Root Curly Horn Ogle Berries Soft Wood Cat Food Lollipop -
Chance 80% 60% 100% 90% 20% 2% -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
Status Burn.png Burn Status Poison.png Poison Status Doom.png Doom
(if Death fails)
Status Regen.png Regen
8.4% -0.9% per stack,
up to -8.1%
15% -20%
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.

Attacks and Abilities

Attack List
Attack Target Power Type Element Status Effect Acc Crit RdF
Baby Bushes Random 108/4 Physical ---- -- -- -- 100% 10% 10%
Razor Leaf All 26/5 Magical 100% Element Poison.png 30% 1x Status Poison.png 100% 10% 10%
Lumber Single 80/3 Physical 50% Element Earth.png 16.66% -- Status Stagger.png 100% 20% 10%
Notes: Prior to the v2 update, this attack had 16% status chance per hit.
Rally Allies -- -- ---- -- 20%
2x
Stat Attack.png
Status Brave.png
-- -- --
Notes: Has 56% chance to summon 1 (2 on Hard/Epic) foe, 32% chance to summon 2 (3) foes, and 12% chance to summon none (1). Each foe is either a Green Bush or a Cat Soldier. Buffs go afterwards.
On Hard and Epic difficulties, stat buff strength is increased to 30%.

Battle Logic

The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.

  • Berserked → Razor Leaf;
  • Syphoned → Baby Bushes;
  • Otherwise → Baby Bushes (1/4), Razor Leaf (1/4), Lumber (1/4), Rally (1/4).
Advertisement