Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement

The Big Snow Slime is a foe in Epic Battle Fantasy 4. It appears mostly around the snowy area of Whitefall Town.


Appearance

The Big Snow Slime is a living heap of snow sculpted to resemble a castle, with at least two towers surrounded by an exterior wall. Four brown branches stick out of the castle, one of which still bears a few green leaves. At the base of the mound is the usual Big Slime face; two large, blue-tinted eyes and a wide, crinkling mouth. LIke all Big Slimes, it has three smaller blob "limbs" around it; these appear to be smaller snow mounds with tops sculpted to resemble castle towers.

If the player's computer clock is set to December, the snow castle on the Big Snow Slime's head will be greatly reduced, with only the upper half of its towers being visible behind a variety of holiday decorations. A large evergreen tree is planted in the middle of its head, partly covered in snow, adorned with round red ornaments, and topped with a golden star. A wreath is laid around the trunk of the tree, made of brighter green leaves with small red berries and a red bow on one side. To the left of the tree is a red cardboard box tied with green ribbons; to the right of the tree is a floppy red Santa Hat and a lone candy cane.

Overview

The Big Snow Slime is a decent offensive threat, with its high base Attack and Magic Attack offsetting the relatively low power of its moves. It has three magical Ice spells with a chance of Freezing the players; the main difference is who they target. Chill Blow hit all players, but has almost no Freeze chance; Blizzard hits one player, but is stronger, more accurate, and has the best Freeze chance; finally, Snow has the lowest power and a middling Freeze chance. The latter spell also hits the enemy side, which translates to a weak heal for the Big Snow Slime and its Ice-absorbent allies.

On the physical side of things, the Big Snow Slime can use a part-Earth quake attack that hits the whole party and has a small chance of Stagger; this can also call a Snow Slime or two for reinforcements. Alternatively, it can leap at a player for decent non-elemental damage; this move is notable for a decent chance to inflict the crippling Slimed status, and its infliction chance doubles on higher difficulty levels.

Applying Syphon or Berserk to a Big Snow Slime disables its Ice spells, but this makes it more likely to use its Slimed-inducing Leap and backup-summoning Ground Pound; as such, it may be better to increase the party's Ice and Freeze resistance to endure its attacks. Alternatively, they can opt to just go all-out on offense and kill it before it can immobilize them; while it has a fair amount of HP, it suffers from poor Evade and a plethora of weaknesses that make it fairly easy to wipe out.

The Big Snow Slime absorbs Water and Ice while being immune to Burn and Freeze, but it is slightly weak to Bio, very weak to Earth and Dark, and extremely weak to Fire. If "More Foe Resistance" is active, it loses its Bio and Dark weaknesses and becomes immune to Wind.

It should be noted that the Big Snow Slime has a chance to drop a Candycane, but a 2% drop rate makes farming inadvisably tedious.

Statistics

Icon bestiary ebf4 big snow slime.png Big Snow Slime EBF4
A huge version of the Snow Slime. Uses ice attacks. Has low evade. Summons Snow Slimes.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP
470 6 4 6 4 4 2.5 55 8.5 9 52 20
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Bomb.png Element Wind.png Element Water.png Element Holy.png Element Dark.png
-80% - 200% -60% -30% - - 200% - -60%
Status
Resistance
Status Burn.png Status Stun.png Status Freeze.png Status Tired.png Status Poison.png Status Dispel.png Status Stagger.png Status Syphon.png Status Wet.png Status Weaken.png Status Curse.png Status Death.png
100% - 100% - - - - - - - - -
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Snowball Liquid Ice Solid Water Candycane - - -
Name Snowball Liquid Ice Solid Water Candycane - - -
Chance 100% 20% 20% 2% - - -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
Status Burn.png Burn Status Poison.png Poison Status Doom.png Doom
(if Death fails)
Status Regen.png Regen
Immune 1.56% per stack,
up to 14.04%
10% -13.(3)%
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.
Statistics with More Foe Resistance enabled.
Icon bestiary ebf4 big snow slime.png Big Snow Slime EBF4
A huge version of the Snow Slime. Uses ice attacks. Has low evade. Summons Snow Slimes.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP
470 6 4 6 4 4 2.5 55 8.5 9 52 20
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Bomb.png Element Wind.png Element Water.png Element Holy.png Element Dark.png
-80% - 200% -60% - - 100% 200% - -
Status
Resistance
Status Burn.png Status Stun.png Status Freeze.png Status Tired.png Status Poison.png Status Dispel.png Status Stagger.png Status Syphon.png Status Wet.png Status Weaken.png Status Curse.png Status Death.png
100% - 100% - - - - - - - - -
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Snowball Liquid Ice Solid Water Candycane - - -
Name Snowball Liquid Ice Solid Water Candycane - - -
Chance 100% 20% 20% 2% - - -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
Status Burn.png Burn Status Poison.png Poison Status Doom.png Doom
(if Death fails)
Status Regen.png Regen
Immune 1.2% per stack,
up to 10.8%
10% -13.(3)%
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.

Attacks and Abilities

Attack List
Attack Target Power Type Element Status Effect Acc Crit RdF
Body Slam Single 36 Physical ---- 30% 2x Status Slimed.png 100% 10% 10%
Notes: On Hard and Epic difficulties, status chance is increased to 60%.
Ground Pound All 28/2 Physical 50% Element Earth.png 20% -- Status Stagger.png 90% 10% 20%
Notes: Has 54% chance to summon 1 Snow Slime, 28% chance to summon 2, and 18% chance for none.
Chill Blow All 22 Magical 100% Element Ice.png 5% 1x Status Freeze.png 100% 10% 20%
Blizzard Single 45 Magical 100% Element Ice.png 40% 1x Status Freeze.png 120% 0% 20%
Snow Everyone 12 Magical 100% Element Ice.png 20% 1x Status Freeze.png 100% 10% 10%

Battle Logic

The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.

  • Berserked or/and Syphoned → Body Slam (1/2), Ground Pound (1/2);
  • Otherwise → Body Slam (1/5), Ground Pound (1/5), Chill Blow (1/5), Blizzard (1/5), Snow (1/5).
Advertisement