Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki
Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki

The Big Veggie Slime, also known as the Giant Green Slime, is a recurring foe in the Epic Battle Fantasy series, introduced in Epic Battle Fantasy 3. It appears mostly around forested areas, such as the Vegetable Forest (in EBF3) and Lankyroot Jungle (in EBF4). It is a member of the Big Slime enemy class.

Appearance

The Big Veggie Slime has a large, partially transparent, green body, with few smaller clumps of ooze surrounding the main body. It is overgrown with a plenty of plant-life, including vines, sunflowers, and depending on version, carrots, watermelons, and flowers, or corn and turnips.

Same as with its smaller version, Big Veggie Slime's initial appearance in EBF4 was identical to EBF3's, but the Battle Mountain update of EBF4 has reskinned its look within its garden theme.

Overview

This slime is a step up from the basic Veggie Slimes, having more HP, and stronger attacks, with some of them having elemental properties. It's still a decent foe if you aren't prepared. It has a handful of weaknesses that are easily accessible.

In EBF3, first encounter with the Giant Green Slime serves as the first mandatory battle of that game. The slime blocks the only path, and the player has to defeat it in order to access further parts of Vegetable Forest.

Statistics

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

EBF3 Foe Icon Giant Green Slime.png
Giant Green Slime Forest Dwelling Slime EBF3
Huge version of the common green slime. Attacks with wind and poison skills.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP Gold
450 4 4 4 4 4 3.2 50 10 50
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Water.png Element Wind.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Dark.png Element Holy.png Element Bomb.png
-70% -30% -40% 200% - 80% 200% - - -
Status
Resistance
Status Poison.png Status Syphon.png Status Dispel.png Status Doom.png Status Berserk.png Status Stun.png Status Death.png
- - - -100% - - -100%
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Kiwi Green Potion - - - - -
Name Kiwi Green Potion - - - - -
Chance 100% 40% - - - - -

On Epic difficulty, enters the battle with 3x Status Poison.png Poison, effectively regenerating each turn.

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Icon bestiary ebf4 big veggie slime.png Big Veggie Slime EBF4
A huge version of the Veggie Slime. Uses poison, earth and wind attacks. Has low evade. Summons Veggie Slimes.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP
550 6 4 6 4 4 2.5 66 9 9 50 20
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Bomb.png Element Wind.png Element Water.png Element Holy.png Element Dark.png
-60% -30% -50% 100% 200% - - 200% - -50%
Status
Resistance
Status Burn.png Status Stun.png Status Freeze.png Status Tired.png Status Poison.png Status Dispel.png Status Stagger.png Status Syphon.png Status Wet.png Status Weaken.png Status Curse.png Status Death.png
-100% - -100% - - - - - - - - -100%
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Pumpkin Ogle Berries Turnip Cherry Jungle Flower - -
Name Pumpkin Ogle Berries Turnip Cherry Jungle Flower - -
Chance 20% 20% 20% 20% 50% - -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
Status Burn.png Burn Status Poison.png Poison Status Doom.png Doom
(if Death fails)
Status Regen.png Regen
4.48% -1.2% per stack,
up to -10.8%
10% -13.(3)%
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.
Statistics with More Foe Resistance enabled.
Icon bestiary ebf4 big veggie slime.png Big Veggie Slime EBF4
A huge version of the Veggie Slime. Uses poison, earth and wind attacks. Has low evade. Summons Veggie Slimes.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP
550 6 4 6 4 4 2.5 66 9 9 50 20
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Bomb.png Element Wind.png Element Water.png Element Holy.png Element Dark.png
-60% - -50% 100% 200% - - 200% - -
Status
Resistance
Status Burn.png Status Stun.png Status Freeze.png Status Tired.png Status Poison.png Status Dispel.png Status Stagger.png Status Syphon.png Status Wet.png Status Weaken.png Status Curse.png Status Death.png
- - - - - - - - - - - -100%
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- 100% - 100% - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Pumpkin Ogle Berries Turnip Cherry Jungle Flower - -
Name Pumpkin Ogle Berries Turnip Cherry Jungle Flower - -
Chance 20% 20% 20% 20% 50% - -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
Status Burn.png Burn Status Poison.png Poison Status Doom.png Doom
(if Death fails)
Status Regen.png Regen
4.48% -1.2% per stack,
up to -10.8%
10% -13.(3)%
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.

Attacks and Abilities

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

Attack List
Attack Target Power Type Element Status Effect Acc Crit RdF
Body Slam Single 40 Physical ---- 20% 2x Status Poison.png 90% 10% 10%
Ground Pound All 20 Physical 70% Element Earth.png -- -- -- 100% 10% 10%
Vines Single 40 Magical 60% Element Poison.png 60% 2x Status Poison.png 90% 10% 10%
Wind Blow All 15 Magical 100% Element Wind.png 30% 20% StatDown Mdef.png 130% 20% 20%

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Attack List
Attack Target Power Type Element Status Effect Acc Crit RdF
Body Slam Single 36 Physical ---- 30% 2x Status Slimed.png 100% 10% 10%
Notes: On Hard and Epic difficulties, status chance is increased to 60%.
Ground Pound All 20 Physical 50% Element Earth.png 20% -- Status Stagger.png 90% 10% 20%
Notes: Has 56% chance to summon 1 Veggie Slime, 32% chance to summon 2, and 12% chance to summon none.
Vines Single 45 Physical 50% Element Poison.png 50% 2x Status Poison.png 100% 10% 10%
Wind Blow All 14 Magical 100% Element Wind.png -- -- -- 100% 10% 30%

Battle Logic

The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

  • Berserked → Body Slam;
  • Syphoned → Body Slam (1/2), Ground Pound (1/2);
  • Otherwise → Body Slam (1/4), Ground Pound (1/4), Vines (1/4), Wind Blow (1/4).

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

  • Berserked or/and Syphoned → Body Slam (1/2), Ground Pound (1/2);
  • Otherwise → Body Slam (1/4), Ground Pound (1/4), Vines (1/4), Wind Blow (1/4).