FANDOM


"Defence and magic defence decreases every turn. Holy damage taken is increased by 50%."
―Curse's hover-over tip, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Status Curse

in 4

EBF5 Status Curse

in 5

Curse is a negative status effect in Epic Battle Fantasy 4 and 5. Its icon is a black vortex in 4 and three red-black swirls in a triangle in 5. It is generally associated with the Dark element.

Similar to the Weaken and Tired statuses, Curse debuffs the affected's Defence and Magic Defence each turn (with specific amount varying between games). Additional application of Curse will increase the duration of the ailment, but does not affect debuff rate.

Curse also increases Holy-elemental damage (and only the elemental part of it) taken by 50%, though this will use up one stack of Curse per hit (in 4) or attack (in 5).


Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Stats before the Battle Mountain update are listed in brackets.

Curse debuffs the affected's Defence and Magic Defence by 10% each turn, unaffected by debuff resistances. This doesn't cancel out natural (de)buff fading (by 5% per turn) and works in conjunction with it, totalling to a 15% debuff per turn when the affected has corresponding stat buffs, or 5% otherwise.

Curse can be cured with Garlic (consumable item), Purify, Medipack, Cleanse (ordinary skills) and Kyun (Natalie's Limit Break). Like most status effects, it also vanishes after the battle, when the victim dies (except if with Auto-Revive), or after a number of turns.

Curse is available to players through the following skills and equipment:

  • Devil's Sunrise (sword) may cast Haunt — 80% chance, 8x length. Additionally, it may counter with Quick Slash, which may cast Haunt as well.
  • Alchemy Set (staff) — ≈7.7% chance to roll the required status, which is applied with up to 100% chance and 9x length at base. Additionally, it may counter with Spectrum — up to 130% chance and 9x length.
  • Hela's Staff (staff) — up to 70% chance and 7x length at base.
  • Alchemist's Bow (bow) — ≈7.7% chance to roll the required status, which is applied with up to 100% chance and 9x length at base.
  • Black Widow (bow) — up to 60% chance and 5x length at base. Additionally, it may counter with Normal Attack with same properties.
  • Cursed Charm (flair) — up to 60% chance and 6x length at base.
  • Hela's Staff (staff) may inflict the status on the user — up to 50% chance and 2x length, ignores resistances.
  • Demon Skull (male hat) may inflict the status on the user — up to 100% [83.(3)%] chance and 2x [3x] length, ignores resistances.
  • Bone Armor (male armor) may inflict the status on the user — up to 100% [83.(3)%] chance and 2x [3x] length, ignores resistances.

Equipment providing resistance against Curse:

Enemy attacks that can cause Curse:

Epic Battle Fantasy 5

Curse debuffs the affected's Defence and Magic Defence by 15% each turn. This doesn't cancel out natural (de)buff fading (by 5% per turn) and works in conjunction with it, totalling to 20% debuff per turn when the affected has corresponding stat buffs, or 10% otherwise. Curse's debuffs are still affected by debuff resistance, and can't debuff past the (80-debuff resist)% debuff cap.

Curse can be cured with Garlic (consumable item), Purify, Medipack/Health Strike, Cleanse (ordinary skills) and 7th Heaven (Natalie's Limit Break). Like most status effects, it also vanishes after the battle, when the victim dies (except if with Auto-Revive), or after a number of turns.

This section is incomplete. You can help Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki by adding required information to it.
To do: sources of Curse, equipment that gives resistance

Curse is available to players through the following skills and equipment:

Skills:
  • Shadow Strike (Extra Skill) —Single target: 20% (Level 1), 30% (Level 2), 40% (Level 3).
  • Twilight Tango (Extra Skill) — Single target: 50% (Level 4), 75% (Level 5).
Equipment:
  • Soul Eater (Matt's sword) — 70% at Max. level.
  • Soul Eater (Matt's sword) — 50% (On himself)
  • Alchemy Set (Natalie's staff) — 120% at Max. level. (5% chance to roll the required status).
  • Soul Crusher (Natalie's staff) — 100% at Max. level.
  • Black Widow (Anna's bow) — 100% at Max. level.
  • Alchemist's Bow (Anna's bow) — 100% at Max. level. (5% chance to roll the required status).
  • Godly Book (NoLegs toy) — 100% at Max. level.
  • Pixel Popper (NoLegs toy) — 100% at Max. level (5% chance to roll the required status).

Equipment providing resistance against Curse:

Enemy attacks that can cause Curse:

Trivia

 

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.