- This section is incomplete. You can help Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki by adding required information to it.
To do: Add EBF5 data elements in the Epic Battle Fantasy series. It is associated with shadows, space, and the supernatural, such as ghosts and skeletons. Dark skills can often cause Curse, Doom, and Instant Death.
Dark is one of the most destructive elements in the series, being associated with many high-powered spells (such as Black Hole and Doomsday) and powerful foes (such as the Cosmic Monolith and the Dark Players). It is usually portrayed as the opposite of the Holy element; most Dark-based foes are weak against Holy attacks, and vice versa.
Dark is relatively common among enemies in the EBF series, but somewhat rare among players. In EBF4, only Natalie and Lance can learn Dark-based skills naturally; Matt and Anna must learn shared skills or use Dark-based weapons to access the element. In EBF5, NoLegs also has natural Dark skills, and the expanded summon mechanics offers a greater variety of Dark attacks by capturing certain foes.
Most Dark-based skills deal magical damage, although this can be mitigated by using weapon-elemental skills with a Dark-based weapon.
Apart from Holy-themed foes, Dark-elemental skills tend to be effective against some "friendly" types of creatures, such as Dogs, Sprites, and certain species of Slimes. Most Dark-resistant enemies are undead or otherwise dark-themed, including Wraiths, the Evil Worm, and the Zombie Hydra. Mage Birds, Mage Dogs and some Elementals also have Dark resistance.
Dark-elemental foes are often found in locations associated with death and destruction, such as Volcano Peak and The Rift in Epic Battle Fantasy 3, Graybone Cemetery and parts of the Temple of Godcat in Epic Battle Fantasy 4, and the Deathly Hollows and The Rapture in Epic Battle Fantasy 5.
Many pieces of Dark-based equipment have powerful stats or effects, but some sort of drawbacks to counterbalance their power. Common drawbacks include debuffing defensive stats (including HP), increasing Holy and Fire weaknesses, or randomly inflicting negative ailments on the wearer.
- Anarchy: 50% Dark (EBF2, EBF4), 50% resistance (EBF4)
- Soul Eater: 20% Dark (EBF2), 25% Dark (EBF3)
- Swordbreaker: 50% Dark (EBF3), 60% resistance (EBF3)
- Devil's Sunrise: 50% Dark (EBF4)
- Black Fang: 30% resistance (EBF3)
- Rune Blade: 50% resistance (EBF3)
- Equilibrium: 50% resistance (EBF4)
- Obsidian: 50% Dark (EBF3), 50% resistance (EBF3)
- Death Bringer/Hela's Staff: 50% Dark (EBF3, EBF4)
- Dark Tooth: 50% Dark (EBF3)
- Death Scythe: 50% Dark (EBF4), 50% resistance (EBF4)
- Shadow Blaster: 50% Dark (EBF4), 50% resistance (EBF3, EBF4)
- The Phantom: 50% Dark (EBF4)
- Exterminator: 50% resistance (EBF4)
- Ninja Cloak: 50% resistance (EBF3)
- Officer's Coat: 50% resistance
- Karate Gi: 50% resistance (EBF4)
- Dark Armor: 50% resistance (EBF4)
- Fright: 100% Dark
- Screamer: 100% Dark
- Pulse: 100% Dark
- Pulsar: 100% Dark
- Darkblast: 75% Dark
- Antimatter: 75% Dark
- Black Hole: 100% Dark
- Dark Flare: 100% Dark
- Sacrifice: 30% Dark
- Doomsday: 100% Dark, accessible only by using Dark Rune (EBF3)
- Coal Bat: 20% Dark
- Cosmic Monolith: 100% Dark
|Bomb • Dark • Earth • Fire • Holy • Ice • Poison/Bio • Thunder • Water • Wind|
Non-elemental • Weapon-elemental