- "All damage taken is reduced by 50% for one turn."
- ―Defend's faulty hover-over tip, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Like most status effects, it also vanishes after the battle, when inflicted by Dispel (damage of the attack that inflicted it will still be halved) or Freeze, or upon death (except if with Auto-Revive). The armor-piercing Giga Drill skill deals extra damage when the target is Defending.
- Stats before the Battle Mountain update are listed in brackets.
Defend is available to the players through the following skills:
- The Defend tactic/command — 100% chance, targets self.
- Ancient Monolith (summon) — 100% chance, targets all players.
Enemy abilities that utilize Defend:
- Ancient Monolith's buff — 100% chance, targets all foes.
- Beach Crab's, Cave Crab's and Snail's shell visit — 100% chance, targets self.
- Dark Anna's self-heal — 100% chance.
- Dark Matt's self-heal — 100% chance.
- Both of Dark Natalie's self-buff abilities — 100% chance.
- Diamond Golem's Genesis — 100% chance, targets all foes.
- Glacier Turtle's, Lava Turtle's, Leaf Turtle's and Rock Turtle's shell smash — 100% chance, targets self.
- Praetorian's and Praetorian MKII's defensive self-buff on Hard/Epic — 100% chance.
- Protector's charges — 100% chance, targets self.
- Razor Claw's charging on Hard/Epic — 100% chance, targets self.
- Lightning Sprite's self-buff — 100% chance.
In EBF5, Defend additionally also prevents the afflicted from being forcibly switched into backup.
- This section is incomplete. You can help Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki by adding required information to it.
To do: sources of defend