In Epic Battle Fantasy series, there are 4 difficulties available and can be changed as you like during the gameplay. Game difficulty is determined by enemies' HP, power and buffs in harder difficulties.
Epic Battle Fantasy 3
Enemies are weak. They have 70% of their normal HP and damage.
A normal adventure. All stats are normal.
The enemies are enhanced. All enemies do 130% of their normal damage.
The odds are stacked against you! All enemies do 160% of their normal damage. Some foes have bonuses that work only in Epic mode!
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
All enemies are handicapped, damage and HP are reduced by 50%.
A normal adventure. All enemies do normal damage (100%) and has normal HP.
The enemies are enhanced. All enemies do 150% of damage and their HP are increased by one-third. Some enemies are buffed up in their first turn.
Some notable examples:
- Flame Spirtes are buffed with burning, which regenarates them every turn.
- Thunder Sprites and Thunder Elementals are charged before the first turn, take them out or brace for impact!
- The Glitch boss is accompanied by 2 stronger version of small glitch in the beginning, each of them has around 20k HP. However as the two are taken out, the subsequent replicates has low HP and can be killed with single hit.
- Godcat will use limit break spells in low HP (Absolute Zero for The Creator, Supernova for The Destroyer).
- The Destroyer goes berserk after its vicious biting attack.
Aside from the buffs mentioned above, all enemies do 200% of their normal damage and their HP are doubled.
Some medals in EBF4 can only be achieved by Epic Mode:
- Lumberjack - Defeat the Mighty Oak on Epic Difficulty.
- Rock Miner - Defeat the Crystal Golem on Epic Difficulty.
- Electrical Engineer - Defeat the Praetorian on Epic Difficulty.
- Extreme Gardener - Defeat the Rafflesia on Epic Difficulty.
- Cat Person - Defeat Godcat on Epic Difficulty.