- "Oh? You want to see more from me? I'll have to show you something cool then - I didn't plan this far ahead."
- ―Matt's reaction to being targeted by Encore
- ―NoLegs's reaction to being targeted by Encore
- "An extra turn? I've got this - I'm always thinking a few turns ahead!"
- ―Natalie's reaction to being targeted by Encore
- "I'm suddenly on the spotlight!? I better not fudge this up!"
- ―Anna's reaction to being targeted by Encore
- "Yeah, that's right. I'm the one who should getting an extra turn, every time."
- ―Lance's reaction to being targeted by Encore
Encore is a status-inflicting skill available for all players in Epic Battle Fantasy 5.
When cast, a spotlight is shown over the target, and a small bit of confetti rains down. This gives Haste to the target, thus granting them another turn.
Encore is an incredibly useful skill, being the party's most reliable and accessible means of applying Haste to each other. It can be used to set up elemental combos with a single player, get two attacks in from one heavily-buffed player, and set up Defend-based tactics instantly and still be able to attack in that one turn (or vice-versa in the case of a Target Tank).
It is important to take into account that Encore technically does not increase the party's turn count. Instead, it effectively rearranges the turns such that a single player gets two turns at the cost of the user's turn. For example, in a party of Matt, Natalie and Lance, if Lance uses Encore on Natalie, the turns go from Matt, Natalie, Lance to Matt, Natalie, Natalie. Lance's turn is gone, but Natalie can use two skills in a row.
Of course, since Encore takes a turn to give a player a turn, using it on oneself is pointless and just wastes the cooldown.
Epic Battle Fantasy 5
|Gives an ally an extra turn. Using this on yourself is pointless.
|Level||Power||Status Chance||Status Strength||AP Cost|