The Eyeball resembles the earlier version of the Eyeball, however it appears to be part of The Devourer himself as opposed to a free-floating entity. It has a single trademark Devourer eye, complete with a cross shaped pupil, a series of white spikes sticking out of it and a pink material underneath the eye itself. At its "base" is a hard brown material of some sort, which is connected to the rest of the body via purple tentacles.
The Eyeball is the "buffer" for The Devourer, boasting a strong buffing skill and a couple offensive attacks that can inflict statuses, along with a weak heal that cures certain status effects. To top it off, it can also invert buffs like the Red Flybot. This combination of abilities means that it can throw a wrench in the player's damage output, and also make it much harder to survive the Devourer's attacks. They have the lowest HP out of the Devourer's appendages, making them relatively easy to kill if focused on. Furthermore, statuses like Stun, Freeze, Syphon or even Berserk can also prevent them from using their most dangerous moves.
|The Devourer's eyes will defend the main body and cripple players with debuffs and status effects.|
|Item Drop Rate|
|Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:|
(if Death fails)
| 1.75% per stack,|
up to 15.75%
| -0.75% per stack,|
up to -6.75%
| -1.5% per stack,|
up to -13.5%
|Damage taken from first three is decreased by 30% on Easy and 65% on Zero difficulties.|
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.
Attacks and Abilities
|Notes: Also gets 50% chance of 1x on Hard or Epic difficulties.|
|Notes: Status chance increased to 100% on Hard or Epic difficulties.|
|Notes: Inverts the target's buffs/debuffs, turning negatives into positives and vice versa.|
Cannot miss and ignores Lovable.
|Dev Heal||Single||MaxHP * Hit2HP / 130||--||----||--||--||--||--||--||20%|
|Notes: Also cleanses and from the target.|
|Dev Defend||Single||--||--||----||--||30%|| ||--||--||--|
The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.
- If Berserked or Syphoned → Attack (1/2), Stuffing Attack (1/2);
- If a foe has at least a 25% debuff on Attack, Magic Attack, Defence, Magic Defence or Accuracy → Dev Defend;
- If a foe is inflicted with Stun, Freeze, Syphon or is <25% HP → Dev Heal;
- If a player has more than 100% buffs in total, or if a foe has more than 100% debuffs in total → Recycle (90/300), Attack (77/300), Stuffing Attack (77/300), Dev Wind (56/300);
- Otherwise → Attack (11/30), Stuffing Attack (11/30), Dev Wind (8/30).
- Just like The Devourer, the Eyeballs gain up to 15% Attack, Magic Attack, HP and Accuracy depending on how many optional bosses you killed and how many medals you have (1% for each of the 12 optional bosses, then another 1% at 50, 65, and 80 medals).
- Bosses considered for stats up (+1% for each): ??.@'¬?]-?e??255, Snowflake, Sól and Skadi, Neon Valhalla, Telperion, Vulcan, Crystal Hydra, Matteus, Natalia, Lancelot, Annabelle and God.
- This means that someone playing the Beta or Web version will have up to a 5% bonus to worry about, while people playing the Steam version can get the full 15%.