- "Eats random food items from a personal stash"
- ―Hungry's hover-over tip, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
status effect introduced in Epic Battle Fantasy 5 that only affects players. Its icon is a fork and knife.
When a player is inflicted with Hungry, they become uncontrollable and will use up their turn in eating a random Food item, as the tooltip points out, this item is from a 'personal stash' and won't consume any items from the players' inventory. Hungry cannot be removed by cleansing items or spells. Additionally:
- The consumed food will always be single-target, even if using it normally it'd affect all players.
- The exact chances for each item are: 5/30 chance of Raspberries, 4/30 chance of Banana, 2/30 chance of Garlic, 2/30 chance of Pumpkin and 1/30 chance each for all other food items.
- The list of food to be picked does not include Pretzels, Cupcakes, Coffee or Espresso, but otherwise has all food items, including rare foods like Chili or Pizza.
- Hungry's behaviour takes priority over both Confuse and Berserk's.
- Inflicting Stuffed on a Hungry player will remove the status.
- There's one exception to this: the Stuffed inflicted by Squid-type enemies on death will not remove Hungry. If a player is inflicted with both Hungry and Stuffed, Hungry takes priority.