- "Ewww, I look weird and I'm all slimy now."
- ―Natalie, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
When in effect, all physical damage received by the target is nullified, while all magical damage received is doubled; additionally, the affected target's sprite and animations become obscured in black. Its inverse status effect is Enchanted.
Invisible's effects are as follows:
- Cancels out Enchanted.
- While Invisible is mechanically a neutral status effect, it's coded in-game as a positive status effect, as such it will not be removed by spells or food that remove negative status effects, instead being removed when the target is inflicted with Dispel.
- Because of this, the only ways players can remove the status off themselves (other than dying) is to either use the Cutie Worm summon, or inflict Enchanted on themselves, which will replace the status.
- Like other positive status effects, Invisible stacks fade away at the end of the players' turn for foes and at the end of the foe's turn for players.
- Due to being classified as magical damage, the damage from Poison, Virus, Burn, Scorch and Delete will be doubled by Invisible; the opposite is true for Doom, which inflicts physical damage.
- That said, for foes Invisible fades away before the status damage is inflicted, meaning at least 2 stacks of it need to be inflicted for it to nullify/double status damage; for players one stack is enough.
- Since the v2 update, every time a player with Invisible is hit by an attack, one stack of it will be consumed (multi-hit attacks will generally only consume a stack if the last hit lands, though there are exceptions where each hit consumes a stack).
- Before the v2 update, due to an oversight, all enemies except Natalia (who is immune to both Enchanted and Invisible) had -9900% resistance to Invisible and Enchanted, meaning the statuses became guaranteed even when the status chance was less than 100% (though this only affected the Space Distortion unleash from the Dark Tooth).
Stats in brackets (below/right from actual) are for its pre-v2 update version.
Invisible is available to players through the following skills and equipment:
- Invisibility, unleashed by the Obsidian Staff and also Gaia's Gift (only after the v2 update) — 2x[1x] length, bypasses Bless.
- Space Distortion, unleashed by the Dark Tooth staff — 40%[50%] chance, 3x length.
- Chunky Gloop (summon), casts Invisibility on a single enemy — 2x[1x] length bypasses Bless.
- Demon Mirror (summon), casts Invisibility on all allies — 3x[1x] length.
- Pink Squid (summon) — 100% chance, 1x length.
- The Random status has 1/20 chance to become Invisible — 100% chance, 1x length.
- Ninja Gear, gives the status on defend — 1x length.
- Ninja Skirt, gives the status on defend — 1x length.
Enemy attacks that cause Invisible:
- Mage Dog, Haunted Mirror, Hardy Gloop and Chunky Gloop's Invisibility — 4x[2x] length, bypasses Bless.
- Cosmic Monolith's Space Distortion — 40%[50%] chance, 3x length.
- Cosmic Monolith's Distortion Field — 25% chance, 3x length.
- Pink Squid's Ink Blob — 100% chance, 3x length.
- Chunky Gloop's defend/buff only on Hard or Epic — 5x[3x] length on self.
- Fabulous Gloop's melee attacks — 20% chance, 2x length.
- GUOYE's Black Balls — 8% chance, 4x length.