A Limit Break is an ultimate attack that can be used by the playable characters, with potential to turn the tide of a battle. A character that knows at least one Limit Break skill will gain a red Limit Bar, which can be filled by taking damage. A Limit Break can only be used when this red bar is full, emptying it completely when used.
Epic Battle Fantasy 2
Matt and Natalie have one Limit Break each, which automatically replaces the standard attack when their Limit bar is full. They were not named directly until Epic Battle Fantasy 3, when they were identified as Matt's Cleaver and Natalie's Kyun — both based off the names of their respective skill bonuses in Epic Battle Fantasy 2.
Unlike the previous game, the characters now have to learn a Limit Break skill in order to use it. Each character can learn a maximum of three Limit Breaks. Also, a Limit Break does not replace the standard attack option like in the previous game, allowing the player to save their Limit Breaks for tougher situations.
Each of the 4 characters now have two Limit Breaks unique to themselves, and each has one of them learned by default. The rest of these Limit Breaks fall under Shared Skills. Most of these Shared Limit Breaks have pre-requisite skills which that character must know before they can learn that Limit Break. Players can also consume a bottle of Chilli Sauce (a rare item that cannot be bought in shops) to reach their Limit Break instantly.
- This section is incomplete. You can help Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki by adding required information to it.
To do: Some intro text.
- Matt's Ragnarok Limit Break was one of Natalie's summons in Epic Battle Fantasy.
- Lance's Ion Cannon Limit Break was one of Natalie's summons in Epic Battle Fantasy 2.
- Both of NoLegs' Limit Breaks appeared as bosses in the final battle of Epic Battle Fantasy 4.
- Natalie is the only playable character to have a non-offensive Limit Break, which is Kyun/7th Heaven.