- "L-LOVE?! How are we supposed to win a fight by being lovable? Are you just joking around?"
- ―Matt, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
Lovable (as in "too pretty to harm"), often incorrectly read as Loveable, is a positive status effect in Epic Battle Fantasy 5. It is the less reliable opposite of the Target status, and its icon are two pink hearts side by side. It effects are as follows:
- Cancels out Target.
- Prevents the afflicted from being targeted by most single-target attacks. Attacks that target everyone evenly work normally.
- Unlike Target, Lovable is typically ignored by attacks that retarget after every (several) hit(s), such as Anna's arrow barrages.
- When all players are Lovable, each foe will individually decide whether to activate their special reserved pattern (like with Syphon and Berserk), usually leading to either Surrendering or resorting to area-of-effect or buffing abilities; some require both Lovable and Syphon/Berserk in order to Surrender, or have other specific requirements.
- Whether they decide to utilize the Lovable pattern is calculated by the capture formula, requiring a score of >55, checked at the beginning of every enemy turn. Simpler put, weaker foes will be affected right away unless buffed up, while stronger ones must be worn down to an extent. Unfortunately, the only way to check their current score without math is to attempt to capture a foe, which takes a turn, only works with one foe at a time and is very approximate.