FANDOM


Stat Mdef
This article lists the ways to impact the Magic Defence stat. For a general description of the stat, see Stats#Magic Defence.

Epic Battle Fantasy

Magic Defence buffs are available to players only through the following skill:

  • Barrier — Sets the (de)buff state to +65%, targets both players.

Swords providing bonuses to Magic Defence:

Magic Defence debuffs are available to players only through the following skill:

  • Screamer — 100% chance, 25% strength, targets all foes.

No enemy abilities can buff or debuff Magic Defence yet.

Epic Battle Fantasy 2

Magic Defence buffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Barrier — Sets the (de)buff state to +65%, targets both players.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — Buffs by 40% normally, targets both players.
  • Protection (M) (skill bonus for Natalie) — Buffs Magic Defence by 15% normally when hurt by a powerful magical attack and thrown offscreen.

Swords providing bonuses to Magic Defence:

While some skill bonuses do provide a boost to base Magic Defence, that part of the stat is completely ignored in damage calculation, together with this sort of boosts. (Same with Defence.)

Skill bonuses providing resistance against Magic Defence debuffs:

  • Immunity for Natalie — Grants 50% chance to dodge any bad status effect or stat debuff, independent of their infliction chance.
  • Immunity x2 for Natalie — Grants actual immunity to all bad statuses and debuffs.

Magic Defence debuffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Unleash with Inferno — 400% chance, 40% strength.
  • Screamer — 150% chance, 30% strength, targets all foes.
  • Fireball — 80% chance, 25% strength.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — 100% chance, 40% strength, targets all foes, ignores resistances.

Enemy abilities that can buff Magic Defence:

Enemy attacks that can debuff Magic Defence:

  • Giga Golem's sword strike — 30% (100% on Epic) chance, 20% (30% on Epic) strength.
  • Rock Eater's fireballs (4th hit only) — 30% chance, 20% strength, targets both players.
  • Sandworm's blood vomit (4th hit only) — 60% chance, 30% strength, targets both players.
  • Satelite Dish's debuff (standard hit only) — 20% chance, 40% strength, targets both players.
  • Zombie Hydra's Haunt (4th hit only) — 60% chance, 20% strength, targets both players.

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

Magic Defence buffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Barrier — up to 70% strength, targets all players.
  • Guardian — up to 60% strength.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — up to 50% strength, targets all players.
  • Unleash with Crystal Staff (staff) — up to 25% strength, targets self.
  • Unleash with God Hand (gun) — up to 25% strength, targets self.
  • Casual Shirt (male armor) and Pope Dress (female armor) buff the user when hit by a powerful attack and thrown offscreen — 15% strength at level 4 and 20% at level 5.

Equipment providing bonuses to Magic Defence:

Equipment with resistance to Magic Defence debuffs:

Magic Defence debuffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Fright — up to 100% chance and 45% strength.
  • Pulsar (only at level 3) — 50% chance, 30% strength, targets all foes.
  • Pulse (only at level 3) — 50% chance, 15% strength.
  • Screamer — up to 100% chance and 30% strength.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — up to 100% chance and 50% strength, targets all foes.
  • Dark Tooth (staff) can counter with Pulse since upgrade level 4 — 50% chance, 15% strength, works only at skill level 3.
  • Obsidian (staff) — up to 100% chance and 70% strength at base. Additionally, since upgrade level 4 it can counter with Normal Attack with same properties.
  • Unleash with Shadow Blaster (gun) — up to 150% chance and 50% strength.
  • Unleash with Life Shaver (sword) — 100% chance, 50% strength, targets self, ignores resistances.
  • Unleash with Death Bringer (staff) — 100% chance, 50% strength, targets self, ignores resistances.
  • Unleash with Dark Tooth (staff) — up to 100% chance and 50% strength, targets self, ignores resistances.

Enemy abilities that can buff Magic Defence:

  • Abyss buffs self by 70% each time another head dies.
  • Akron's claw spawn (only in submerged form) — 50% strength, targets self.
  • Ancient Monolith's buff — 35% strength, targets all foes.
  • Czars' buff & regen — 30% strength, targets all foes.
  • Dark Golem's self-buff — 50% strength.
  • Garden Snail's shell visit — 30% strength, targets self.
  • Giant Squid's arm regrow — 30% strength, targets self.
  • Glacier Eater's shell smash — 60% strength, targets self.
  • Holy Rune's buff — 30% strength, targets all foes.
  • Light Clay's magic potion — 70% strength.
  • Spiral Crab's shell visit — 40% strength, targets self.

Enemy attacks that can debuff Magic Defence:

  • Blaze's Hot Ash — 20% chance, 15% strength, 3 hits, targets all players.
  • Blaze's ranged fire burp — 70% chance, 20% strength, targets all players.
  • Cosmic Monolith's Pulsar — 50% chance, 30% strength, targets all players.
  • Dark Clay's Haunt — ≈13% chance, 300% strength, 5 hits.
  • Dark Golem's Haunt (Epic only) — ≈13% chance, 300% strength, 5 hits.
  • Fire Elemental's Hot Ash — 20% chance, 15% strength, 3 hits, targets all players.
  • Giant Blue Slime's wind blow — 40% chance, 20% strength, targets all players.
  • Giant Green Slime's wind blow — 30% chance, 20% strength, targets all players.
  • Giant Red Slime's Hot Ash — 20% chance, 15% strength, 3 hits, targets all players.
  • Holy Rune's energy shot — 100% chance, 50% strength.
  • Rune Claw's Dark Flare (2nd hit only) (only in Dark mode) — 100% chance, 50% strength.
  • Rune Claw's Haunt (only in Dark mode) — ≈13% chance, 300% strength, 5 hits.
  • Skull Ghost's Dark Flare (2nd hit only) — 100% chance, 50% strength.

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Stats before the Battle Mountain update are listed in brackets.

For everything related to the Curse status, which slowly debuffs Magic Defence over time, see its own article.

Magic Defence buffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Barrier — up to 70% strength, targets all players.
  • Guardian — up to 70% strength.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — up to 50% strength, targets all players.

Equipment providing bonuses to Magic Defence:

Magic Defence debuffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Acid (Premium only) — up to 100% chance and 50% strength.
    • Prior to the Battle Mountain update, this skill would lose its debuff chance when maxed (at level 6).
  • Fright — up to 100% chance and 50% strength.
  • Holy Fire — up to 60% chance and 25% strength.
  • Hurricane — up to 70% [50%] chance and 25% strength, targets all foes.
  • Screamer — up to 100% chance and 30% strength, targets all foes.
  • Whirlwind — up to 70% [50%] chance and 25% strength.
  • Evil Worm (summon, Premium only) — 80% chance and 30% strength with the first hit, 80% chance and 20% strength with the second hit, targets all foes.

Enemy abilities that can buff Magic Defence:

Enemy attacks that can debuff Magic Defence:

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.