The Magma Hand, as the name implies, is a hand made out of lava. It has orange skin with bits of cooled black bits on it, and spawns in with a random melee weapon (see below for chances).
* When viewed in Bestiary, it will have any of the Hands' weapons with equal chance for each, including the Ice Sword it cannot use in-battle.
Like the other Hands, the Magma Hand can change its weapon held depending on the weaknesses of the players. It has five different weapons available, each with different stats.
Depending on the weapon, the Magma Hand will have a certain element and status in their attacks. These can range from Dispel to Curse, among other things. This can make the Magma Hand a difficult foe to defend against, but all of their attacks are physical and deal moderate damage.
As a foe literally made out of molten rock (or maybe bone), Magma Hands absorb Fire. Fortunately, they have multiple common weaknesses making it easy for the player to dish out major damage. Although Ice is a good option, Earth and Water are more effective.
|A burning hand which loves to go berserk. It can hold different weapons, which give it different attack effects.|
|Item Drop Rate|
|Name||Steel Plate||Hand Bomb||Shuriken||Magma Chunk||-|
|Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:|
(if Death fails)
| -3.5% per stack,|
up to -31.5%
| 3% per stack,|
up to 27%
| 6% per stack,|
up to 54%
|Damage taken from first three is decreased by 30% on Easy and 65% on Zero difficulties.|
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.
Attacks and Abilities
|Triple Hit (Knife)|
|Triple Hit (Sword)|
|Triple Hit (Magma Sword)|
Burst (Magma Sword)
Swing (Magma Sword)
|Burst (Evil Axe)|
Swing (Evil Axe)
|Triple Hit (Mallet)|
|Notes: Status strength increased to 5x on Hard or Epic difficulties.|
- Choosing a weapon
- Standard weapon array: Sword, Knife, Mallet (twice), Evil Axe, Magma Sword (twice).
- On Hard and Epic difficulties, chooses the best element to use (including Lovable players) between Fire, Dark, Bomb and Wind, adding more weapons to the array depending on the outcome:
- Fire → Magma Sword twice
- Dark → Evil Axe twice
- Bomb → Sword and Mallet
- Wind → Knife twice
- Then selects any position of the array to equip, with equal chance for each. For an example, on Hard/Epic and with Bomb being the least resisted element, final chances would be: 1/9 for Knife and Evil Axe, 2/9 for Sword and Magma Sword, 3/9 for Mallet.
- Whenever the Hand burrows itself after attacking, it has a 25% (50% on Hard/Epic) chance to switch its weapon when it emerges again. The Hand cannot switch weapons if it's Berserked.
- Attack patterns
The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.
- If catch score >55 and all players are Lovable → Flee;
- If Berserked;
- If using Knife/Sword/Magma Sword → Triple Hit (1/3), Burst (1/3), Swing (1/3);
- If using Evil Axe → Burst (1/2), Swing (1/2);
- If using Mallet → Triple hit (1/2), Swing (1/2);
- Otherwise → Berserk (1/5), Fume (1/5);
- If using Knife/Sword/Magma Sword → Triple Hit (1/5), Burst (1/5), Swing (1/5);
- If using Evil Axe → Burst (3/10), Swing (3/10);
- If using Mallet → Triple hit (3/10), Swing (3/10).
The foe can be captured to be used as a summon. The summon always uses the Magma Sword for its weapon.
|Gives berserk status to all allies, making them attack uncontrollably with increased power.||25||Kept|