The Normal Attack (also known as Standard Attack) is a basic command/skill in the Epic Battle Fantasy series.
A Normal Attack is executed by the player simply striking a foe with their weapon. Normal Attacks are typically weaker than most other available skills, but are advantageous in the sense that they do not require MP to use. Because of this, Normal Attacks are often used to finish off foes at low health. It should also be noted that, like many other weapon-elemental skills, Normal Attacks can activate a weapon's special on-hit effects.
Out of all characters, Matt's Normal Attack traditionally has the most power, and Natalie's has the least.
Normal Attacks can be used through the "Attack" command available at the top of each player's command list. Matt's Normal Attack deals weapon-elemental damage and applies a bonus effect, both based on his currently equipped sword, while Natalie's always do light, non-elemental damage.
It stays the same as in EBF1, but with several skill bonuses available to enchance their perfomance.
- Swordsman — Boosts its damage by 40%.
- Mana Leech — Restores MP for 1/80 or 1.25% of damage "dealt", not considering enemy parameters.
- Swordbreaker — Debuffs targets' Attack by 20% with 150% chance. Can stack with the Anarchy sword's default debuff for a total of 40% with 200% chance.
- The Counter and Counter x2 skill bonuses don't directly improve the attack itself, but allow to counter physical attacks with it (50% and 100% chance, respectively).
- Mana Leech — Restores MP for 1/15 or 6.(6)% of damage "dealt", not considering enemy parameters.
In Epic Battle Fantasy 3, Normal Attack can be upgraded like any other skill.
Natalie's Normal Attack is now magical, and its animation was changed to that of her Unleash in the previous game.