- "Some mixture of colorful gems. This rock can't decide what to be."
- ―In-game description, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
The Rainbow Ore is a crafting item in Epic Battle Fantasy 5. It is a chunk of grey stone dotted with numerous red, yellow, green, and blue crystals, vaguely resembling one of the Ores (all of which, incidentally, have a small chance to drop the material). It is used to forge a variety of magic-themed equipment, notably including all of Natalie's starting gear.
Rainbow Ore can be bought from any Material Shop (Hope Harbor, Greenwood Village, the Mystic Woods, The Great Sea, and Redpine Town) for 1,000 gold. In order to complete all of the relevant upgrades, 96 are needed.
Rainbow Ore is mostly dropped by rocky foes with prominent crystalline features.
- Giga Golem - 100% (x3)
- Hardy Gloop - 75%
- Coral Boulder - 75%
- Gem Idol - 50%
- Blue Crystal - 20%
- Red Crystal - 20%
- Zircon Ore - 5%
- Sapphire Ore - 5%
- Peridot Ore - 5%
- Quartz Ore - 5%
- Amethyst Ore - 5%
- Topaz Ore - 5%
- Ruby Ore - 5%
- Dark Tooth - 1 on Level 2, 4 on Level 3
- Wrath of Zeus - 4 on Level 3
- Shooting Star - 1 on Level 2, 4 on Level 3, 10 on Level 5
- Gaia's Gift - 4 on Level 3
- Heaven's Voice - 5 on Level 3
- Necromancer's Helmet - 2 on Level 4
- Red Ribbon - 10 on Level 4, 20 on Level 5
- Royal Crown - 1 on Level 4
- Shell Armor - 1 on Level 2
- Wizard Robe - 2 on Level 4
- Magical Skirt - 4 on Level 4
- Red Dress - 3 on Level 3, 15 on Level 4
- Gold Star - 5 on Level 2
- Platinum Star - 5 on Level 2
- Heart Pendant - 5 on Level 2
- The Rainbow Ore's icon appears to be based off of the Bit foes from Epic Battle Fantasy 2, 3 and 4, having a similar shade to the main stone and prominent red, blue and yellow crystals sticking out of it; only the green crystals lack a Bit counterpart.
- Rainbow Ore can be considered a successor of the Rainbow Gems crafting item from Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and 4.