- To do: everything about EBF5.
The Rare Shop is located in Whitefall Town (about 1/3 through the game), on the same screen as Whitefall's item shop. It is represented by a Lollipop on the interface. Its wares are initially sold at a low price, but the price doubles after each purchase. The shop won't be reset in New Game Plus. The Overpriced Snacks medal can be earned by raising the price of any item past 500K.
The Battle Mountain update set a cap of maximum gold the players can have at a time, 999,999,999 or 1 billion minus 1. At some point, the items' price will rise above that value, making them no longer possible to buy. The amount of times an item can be bought since the update is listed in the "Supply" column below.
|Honeycomb||Permanently increases HP by 2%.||1000||20|
|Sushi||Permanently increases MP by 2%.||1000||20|
|Ham||Permanently increases attack by 2%.||1000||20|
|Beef||Permanently increases defence by 2%.||1000||20|
|Cake||Permanently increases magic attack by 2%.||1000||20|
|Donut||Permanently increases magic defence by 2%.||1000||20|
|Lollipop||Permanently increases accuracy by 2%.||1000||20|
|Candycane||Permanently increases evade by 2%.||1000||20|
|Orange Juice||Buffs an ally's maximum HP by 70%. Very rare.||500||21|
|Burger||Fully heals an ally. Very rare.||10,000||17|
|Pizza||Fully heals all living party members. Very rare.||50,000||15|
Calculating Rare Item prices
- Notice: The price glitch only affects older versions of the game, and is no longer possible since the Battle Mountain update due to the money cap.
Technically, the price of a rare item will double after every purchase, and will go on indefinitely. However, due to technical reasons, the game can only store a number value up to 2,147,483,647 (2^31 - 1). Therefore, the price of an item will actually go through a few phases. For example, with stat boosting items (initial price is 1000):
- For the first 21 purchases, the price will increase as normal, doubling every time an item is brought. After the 21st purchase, the item will have a price of 2,097,152,000.
- After the 22nd purchase, the item price will fail to display. This is because the price value has overflowed into the negative, and therefore you will actually earn money or have a negative balance by buying the item. This will persist for 5 more purchases.
- After the 27th purchase, the item will be priced at about 1073 million. Keep in mind that the item price is still being doubled. The money is subtracted properly, but the price will fail to display once again.
- The 29th purchase follows the trend of the 22nd to 27th purchases.
- From the 30th to the 46th purchase, the item can be bought for free. After that, your balance will reset to zero after each purchase.
Therefore, it was theoretically possible to purchase an infinite amount of stat boosts.
The Rare Shop has been renamed Steroid Shop, with one in Hope Harbor and another in Greenwood Village. Redpine Town appears have had one at some point, but it has been abandoned and repurposed into a shelter for the some of the remaining citizens. These shops are denoted by a wooden sign bearing the image of a Donut; amusingly, the sign of the former Redpine Town Rare Shop has an actual Donut that can be collected or replaced as the player desires.
Unlike EBF4, the Steroid Shop only sells stat-boosting items.
|Crispy Bacon||Permanently increases the Attack and Defence of Matt by 2%.||1000|
|Raw Beef||Permanently increases the Magic Attack and Magic Defence of Matt by 2%.||1000|
|Chicken Leg||Permanently increases the Evade and Accuracy of Matt by 1%.||1000|
|Fried Egg||Permanently increases the HP of Matt by 2%.||1000|
|Poptart||Permanently increases the Attack and Defence of Natalie by 2%.||1000|
|Donut||Permanently increases the Magic Attack and Magic Defence of Natalie by 2%.||1000|
|Cake||Permanently increases the Evade and Accuracy of Natalie by 1%.||1000|
|Lollipop||Permanently increases the HP of Natalie by 2%.||1000|
|Bread||Permanently increases the Attack and Defence of Lance by 2%.||1000|
|Potato||Permanently increases the Magic Attack and Magic Defence of Lance by 2%.||1000|
|Red Pill||Permanently increases the Evade and Accuracy of Lance by 1%.||1000|
|Mushroom||Permanently increases the HP of Lance by 2%.||1000|
|Turnip||Permanently increases the Attack and Defence of Anna by 2%.||1000|
|Grapes||Permanently increases the Magic Attack and Magic Defence of Anna by 2%.||1000|
|Mint Leaf||Permanently increases the Evade and Accuracy of Anna by 1%.||1000|
|Hard Nut||Permanently increases the HP of Anna by 2%.||1000|
|Sushi||Permanently increases the Attack and Defence of NoLegs by 2%.||1000|
|Riceball||Permanently increases the Magic Attack and Magic Defence of NoLegs by 2%.||1000|
|Yoghurt||Permanently increases the Evade and Accuracy of NoLegs by 1%.||1000|
|Chocolate Milk||Permanently increases the HP of NoLegs by 2%.||1000|
- Discussion about rare food price on Steam forums