- "Remember to use your Scan ability on as many foes as possible, the information you gain will be forever stored in the Bestiary, and can be used across many saved games."
- ―Bill, Epic Battle Fantasy 3
Scan targets an enemy and permanently adds the enemy info into the bestiary. It will also allow you to view information of all enemies of the same species in battle, including:
- General description.
- Level, species name and type of the enemy.
- Remaining and maximum HP.
- Elemental affinity and status resistance.
Scan information is not tied to the save file, meaning that if you scanned the enemy once, you will be able to view its species' information on all other saves.
Scan is part of Natalie's Summon skillset. It costs 30 MP to use.
Scan is part of Lance's Backup skillset. It costs 2 MP to use.
|Get data on a foe. Bestiary gets updated.|
|Level||Power||Status Chance||Status Strength||MP||AP Cost|
Scan is performed by the Scanbot and it costs 2 summon points.
|Scans foes to reveal their attributes and weaknesses. This info is saved forever in the bestiary.||2||Kept|