- "Will take big fire damage and decrease max HP every turn. Effect removed by water or ice damage."
- ―Scorch's hover-over tip, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
Scorch deals magical Fire-elemental damage at the end of the players' turn equal to twice Burn's damage (ie.
MaxHP * Hit2HP * 0.0014 * Scorch tier), and also debuffs their max HP by 10%; unlike statuses like Weaken, Curse or Tired, Scorch also cancels out natural HP debuff fading, so the debuff will be 15% if they already have an HP buff or 10% otherwise.
- Since Scorch's damage is Fire-elemental, it'll deal 1.5x damage if the target also has Dry at the end of the turn, and unlike regular attacks, this won't consume Dry stacks. By the same token, since Scorch deals magic damage, its damage will be doubled by Invisible and nullified by Enchanted.
- Scorch can score a critical hit (for 1.5x damage), but only with help of the Stagger status effect, this won't consume Stagger stacks.
- Scorch's damage has the second highest priority amongst all damaging statuses, with only Burn taking place before it.
- Like Burn, Scorch will not cause any damage when the victim is Frozen, but will tick down (and debuff their HP) anyway .
- If the last foe in a wave dies to Scorch, when the next wave of foes comes in, the player will have the first turn.
- As with most other damaging statuses, Scorch's "attack" has permanent 999.99 Accuracy, not affected by anything. Thus, there is a chance to dodge it if victim's Evade is above that value.
- Like most other damaging statuses, Scorch's damage is reduced in Easy and Zero difficulties (downt to 1/2 and 1/3 respectively) for both players and foes.
Other than through standard cleansing spells and food, Scorch will also be removed if the affected player is hit by a Water or Ice-elemental attack, or by an attack that inflicts Chill or Wet (regardless of whether the status is actually applied).
- This section is incomplete. You can help Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki by adding required information to it.
To do: Sources of Scorch and equipment that grants resistance against it
For players, Scorch can be cured with:
- Cleanse (Natalie's skill).
- Medipack/Health Strike (Lance's skill).
- Purify (shared skill) — targets all players.
- Garlic (consumable item).
- 7th Heaven (Natalie's Limit Break) — targets all players.
- Getting hit by a Water- or Ice-elemental attack, as well as attacks that inflict Wet or Chill (regardless of whether the status is actually inflicted).
- Waiting a number of turns.
- Having the victim die (except if with Auto-Revive).
- Winning/fleeing from the battle.