- "*gasp* Don't do that."
- ―Matt, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
- ―NoLegs, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
- "WHAT THE- I wasn't ready for that."
- ―Anna, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
- "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- Okay, it's over now."
- ―Lance, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
- "Haven't you guys seen any horror films? That was nothing."
- ―Natalie, being the only one unfazed, Epic Battle Fantasy 5
Screamer flashes a negative-contrast image in jump-scare fashion with a screaming sound effect, dealing Dark-elemental magical damage and debuffing their Magic Defence. In Epic Battle Fantasy 5, it instead debuffs attack, and can also make foes surrender if conditions are right.
While used by Matt in early games, it generally does very poorly due to Matt's low Magic Attack stat. However, it has a useful asset in its ability to debuff Magic Defence, making it almost a predecessor to Enfeeble. Regardless of game, Screamer tends to be more useful for its debuffing potential than for its damage, and should be used on the player with the best debuffing capabilities.
Epic Battle Fantasy
This skill costs 75 MP to use. It deals magic damage to all enemies and lowers their Magic Attack or Magic Defence by 20%, and can stack up to 40%.
Epic Battle Fantasy 2
This skill costs 75 MP to use. It deals magic damage to all enemies and lowers their Magic Defence, with 150 accuracy and 45 power. Despite its description, it isn't boosted by the Anarchy sword in any way.
Epic Battle Fantasy 3
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Epic Battle Fantasy 5
It is obtained by completing Goth's quest. Everyone except Lance can learn this skill. It has a 3-turn cooldown, and it now lowers the foes' physical attack.
- The image used for Screamer in the first four games is an negative inverted picture of Matt's dog, Maxi, who has since passed away.
- The alternate Screamer image from EBF1 is actually a distorted screen cap from a Sakura-Con 2009 commercial.
- The Screamer image in Epic Battle Fantasy 5 is Matt Roszak himself.
- Oddly, in EBF5, when Screamer is used with the Flash option off, the jump scare image will not appear as the screen will fade to black for a second before returning to normal.