Slimy Tentacles are large tentacles of The Devourer. They resemble those of the Beholder, but are vastly larger and more detailed. The top half of the Slimy Tentacle is segmented, bumpy and a dark shade of red, while the lower half is pink and littered with suckers. There is a sickly pale yellow strip that runs between the two.
The Slimy Tentacle is The Devourer's "mage" appendage. It specializes in magic and status effects, and though it only actually has two spells it can use, it still is a threat. The Slimy Tentacle uses precisely four attacks; one for each Ice, Bio, Wind plus a non-elemental one. All of the Slimy Tentacle's attacks can inflict status effects, with two of them being incredibly dangerous - Syphon and Freeze. While its attacks are not overwhelmingly strong, they still hurt and have a high chance of inflicting status effects and all but one hit the entire party.
On harder difficulties, its Bio-elemental attack goes from inflicting Poison (which can be ignored outright) to inflicting Virus. While this may not be a problem for the players (though the Devourer's ability to deal major damage begs to differ), all of the foes found in the Devourer fight are healed by Bio, meaning that this attack will give the Devourer free healing after a few turns. As such, on harder difficulties if the Slimy Tentacle is cut, it must be killed as soon as possible.
|The Devourer's spell-casting arm. It uses other-worldly magic and sprays poisonous acid when wounded.|
|Item Drop Rate|
|Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:|
(if Death fails)
| 1.89% per stack,|
up to 17.01%
| -0.45% per stack,|
up to -4.05%
| -0.9% per stack,|
up to -8.1%
|Damage taken from first three is decreased by 30% on Easy and 65% on Zero difficulties.|
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.
Attacks and Abilities
|Notes: Status chance increased to 100% on Hard or Epic difficulties.|
|Notes: Status changed to 1x instead on Hard or Epic difficulties. Can only be used when cut.|
The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.
- If cut → Spray Acid;
- If Berserked or Syphoned → Attack;
- Otherwise → Attack (2/10), Dev Wind (4/10), Dev Ice (4/10).
- Just like The Devourer, Slimy Tentacles gain up to 15% Attack, Magic Attack, HP and Accuracy depending on how many optional bosses you killed and how many medals you have (1% for each of the 12 optional bosses, then another 1% at 50, 65, and 80 medals).
- Bosses considered for stats up (+1% for each): ??.@'¬?]-?e??255, Snowflake, Sól and Skadi, Neon Valhalla, Telperion, Vulcan, Crystal Hydra, Matteus, Natalia, Lancelot, Annabelle and God.
- This means that someone playing the Beta or Web version will have up to a 5% bonus to worry about, while people playing the Steam version can get the full 15%.