FANDOM


"Attack and magic attack decreases every turn. Dark damage taken is increased by 50%."
―Weaken's hover-over tip, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Status Weaken

in 4

EBF5 Status Weak

in 5

Weaken or Weak is a negative status effect introduced in Epic Battle Fantasy 4 and 5. Its icon is a white explosion in 4 and a broken bone in 5. It is generally associated with the Holy element.

Similar to the Curse and Tired statuses, Weaken debuffs the affected's Attack and Magic Attack each turn (with specific amount varying between games). Additional application of Weaken will increase the duration of the ailment, but does not affect debuff rate.

Weaken also increases Dark-elemental damage (and only the elemental part of it) taken by 50%, though this will use up one stack of Weaken per hit (in 4) or attack (in 5).

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Stats before the Battle Mountain update are listed in brackets.

Weaken debuffs the affected's Attack and Magic Attack by 10% each turn, unaffected by debuff resistances. This doesn't cancel out natural (de)buff fading (by 5% per turn) and works in conjunction with it, totalling to a 15% debuff per turn when the affected has corresponding stat buffs, or 5% otherwise.

Weaken can be cured with Garlic (consumable item), Purify, Medipack, Cleanse (ordinary skills) and Kyun (Natalie's Limit Break). Like most status effects, it also vanishes after the battle, when the victim dies (except if with Auto-Revive), or after a number of turns.

Weaken is available to players through the following skills and equipment:

  • Bone Blade (sword) — up to 70% chance and 7x length at base.
  • Alchemy Set (staff) — ≈7.7% chance to roll the required status, which is applied with up to 100% chance and 9x length at base. Additionally, it may counter with Spectrum — up to 130% chance and 9x length.
  • Alchemist's Bow (bow) — ≈7.7% chance to roll the required status, which is applied with up to 100% chance and 9x length at base.
  • Angel Wing (bow, Premium only) — up to 70% chance and 7x length at base. Additionally, it can summon Arrow Rain — up to 27% chance and 7x length, 3 hits, targets all foes. (Assuming weapon's inherent status isn't changed by a flair.)
  • Peace Sticker (flair) — up to 60% chance and 6x length at base.

Equipment providing resistance against Weaken:

Enemy attacks that can cause Weaken:

Epic Battle Fantasy 5

Weaken debuffs the affected's Attack and Magic Attack by 15% each turn. This doesn't cancel out natural (de)buff fading (by 5% per turn) and works in conjunction with it, totalling to a 20% debuff per turn when the affected has corresponding stat buffs, or 10% otherwise. Weaken's debuffs are still affected by debuff resistance, and can't debuff past the (80-debuff resist)% debuff cap.

Weaken can be cured with Garlic (consumable item), Purify, Medipack/Health Strike, Cleanse (ordinary skills) and 7th Heaven (Natalie's Limit Break). Like most status effects, it also vanishes after the battle, when the victim dies (except if with Auto-Revive), or after a number of turns.

This section is incomplete. You can help Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki by adding required information to it.
To do: sources of weaken, resistance against weaken
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.