Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement

The Yellow Wasp, also known as Yellow Bee, is a recurring foe in the Epic Battle Fantasy series. It appears primarily in forested areas, such as Vegetable Forest (in Epic Battle Fantasy 3) and Lankyroot Jungle (in Epic Battle Fantasy 4). It is one of many Giant Insects the party encounters.

Appearance

The Yellow Wasp is a giant hornet with some exaggerations and simplifications for EBF's visual style. It has a yellow head and abdomen with black markings; the former has bulging red eyes, short yellow antennae, and big black mandibles, while the latter has a large, slightly curved white stinger at the end. Its thorax is black, as are the six legs sticking out of it. It also has large, translucent yellow wings that are constantly fluttering at a rapid pace; it is unclear if they're two pairs of mostly-oval wings (like a real wasp) or one pair of slightly oddly-shaped wings.

Overview

Yellow Wasps are fairly weak and simple foes that can still be quite annoying. They have a small arsenal of attacks, one of which inflicts Stun and another lowering the target's Defence. Some of its attacks are Wind-based in EBF3, but it inflicts pure non-elemental damage in EBF4.

In EBF4, the Yellow Wasp's Supersonic Wave no longer inflicts damage and has a reduced Defence debuff (albeit with a greater infliction chance), but it now targets all players at once and has a high chance of summoning additional Yellow Wasps. On high difficulty levels, it has a chance to summon up to three new foes at once; as such, it's best not to leave any open spaces on the enemy side until the Yellow Wasps are dealt with.

The resistances of the Yellow Wasp vary by game, but it is always weak to Thunder, Wind and Holy while resisting Earth. No matter what game they are in, Yellow Wasps have a multitude of weaknesses that allow them to be dispatched with relative ease.

In EBF4, Yellow Wasps are noteworthy for being the single most efficient foe to farm Honeycombs off of, although the 1% drop chance still makes this rather tedious. See the Farming page for more details.

Statistics

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

EBF3 Foe Icon Yellow Bee.png
Yellow Bee Angry Hornet EBF3
Evasive bug. Can stun with a sting, and also lower defence.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP Gold
80 4 3.7 4 4 4 4.5 11 1.8 8
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Water.png Element Wind.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Dark.png Element Holy.png Element Bomb.png
- -70% - - -50% 80% 30% - -60% -50%
Status
Resistance
Status Poison.png Status Syphon.png Status Dispel.png Status Doom.png Status Berserk.png Status Stun.png Status Death.png
- - - - - - -
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Bug Wing Red Potion - - - - -
Name Bug Wing Red Potion - - - - -
Chance 60% 20% - - - - -

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Icon bestiary ebf4 yellow wasp.png Yellow Wasp EBF4
An aggressive insect which uses non-elemental attacks and may stun players. May summon more Yellow Wasps.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP
77 4 4 4 4 4 4.4 11 1.6 1.6 8 50
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Bomb.png Element Wind.png Element Water.png Element Holy.png Element Dark.png
-60% -60% - 50% -60% - -60% - -60% -
Status
Resistance
Status Burn.png Status Stun.png Status Freeze.png Status Tired.png Status Poison.png Status Dispel.png Status Stagger.png Status Syphon.png Status Wet.png Status Weaken.png Status Curse.png Status Death.png
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Bug Wing Silk Honeycomb - - - -
Name Bug Wing Silk Honeycomb - - - -
Chance 100% 30% 1% - - - -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
Status Burn.png Burn Status Poison.png Poison Status Doom.png Doom
(if Death fails)
Status Regen.png Regen
11.2% 4.8% per stack,
up to 43.2%
25% -33.(3)%
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.
Statistics with More Foe Resistance enabled.
Icon bestiary ebf4 yellow wasp.png Yellow Wasp EBF4
An aggressive insect which uses non-elemental attacks and may stun players. May summon more Yellow Wasps.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP.png Stat Attack.png Stat Defence.png Stat Magic.png Stat Mdef.png Stat Accuracy.png Stat Evade.png Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP
77 4 4 4 4 4 4.4 11 1.6 1.6 8 50
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire.png Element Thunder.png Element Ice.png Element Earth.png Element Poison.png Element Bomb.png Element Wind.png Element Water.png Element Holy.png Element Dark.png
-60% 200% - 50% -60% - - - - -
Status
Resistance
Status Burn.png Status Stun.png Status Freeze.png Status Tired.png Status Poison.png Status Dispel.png Status Stagger.png Status Syphon.png Status Wet.png Status Weaken.png Status Curse.png Status Death.png
- 50% - - - - - - - - - -
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack.png StatDown Magic.png StatDown Defence.png StatDown Mdef.png StatDown Accuracy.png StatDown Evade.png
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Bug Wing Silk Honeycomb - - - -
Name Bug Wing Silk Honeycomb - - - -
Chance 100% 30% 1% - - - -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
Status Burn.png Burn Status Poison.png Poison Status Doom.png Doom
(if Death fails)
Status Regen.png Regen
11.2% 4.8% per stack,
up to 43.2%
25% -33.(3)%
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.

Attacks and Abilities

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

Attack List
Attack Target Power Type Element Status Effect Acc Crit RdF
Flip Single 16 Physical ---- -- -- -- 90% 10% 10%
Dart Single 22 Physical 40% Element Wind.png 70% 1x Status Stun.png 100% 30% 10%
Supersonic Wave Single 22 Magical 100% Element Wind.png 70% 40% StatDown Defence.png 100% 0% 10%

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Attack List
Attack Target Power Type Element Status Effect Acc Crit RdF
Flip Single 15 Physical ---- -- -- -- 100% 10% 10%
Dart Single 22 Physical ---- 33% 1x Status Stun.png 100% 10% 10%
Supersonic Wave All -- -- ---- 100% 15% StatDown Defence.png 100% -- --
Notes: Has 58% chance to summon 1 Yellow Wasp, 21% chance to summon 2, and 21% chance to summon none; on Hard and Epic difficulties, gains an independent 50% chance for yet another Yellow Wasp, which results in: 53.5% chance to summon 1, 25.5% to summon 2, 10.5% to summon 3 and 10.5% to summon none.

Battle Logic

The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

  • Berserked → Dart;
  • Syphoned → Flip;
  • Otherwise → Flip (1/3), Dart (1/3), Supersonic Wave (1/3).

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

  • Berserked or/and Syphoned → Dart;
  • Otherwise → Flip (1/3), Dart (1/3), Supersonic Wave (1/3).
Advertisement